Thursday, May 1, 2008

a string that never ends..

Another day saturated with horrible luck, nothing seems to be favoring the nice and bright side.
The other side was emo-ly dark and black. It all started on Tuesday, i self declared is as 'FAIL on me technology' Day, every single computer i touched failed on me and with out doubt it hanged on me! All i wanted was to print my notes out as my printer at home decided to crash on me (WONDERFUL). They were add on dramas that happened on that day too, but too lazy to explain now..
Thursday (1/5/08) - declared as pay back day by some people (pay back for April's fool)
I guess someone out there (maybe up there) decided to play a little prank to test my patience...
Jerry, Rachel and I went for placement (internship) hunting at the city. Finished tutorial at 10am and headed to the city straight (reached at 10.30am), and placement hunting we went. I dressed up to look more professional and to give a good impression, i looked stunning without any doubt ^^.
Our hopes where high and we were filled with energy, so we went to the first pharmacy that came in sight, no luck. Then to the second pharmacy, no luck. =( to the third pharmacy, NO LUCK! And all this happened in 10 mins..
Looked arounf the whole city, but still not even a single spark of light for any of us. So we decided to head to Indooroopilly hoping that it would be 'brighter' there.. Rachel did not followed as she lived far from Indooroopilly, so it was Jerry and me who continued our hunt.
Took the bus there, asked every single pharmacy available, but yet again, no luck. We were loosing hope fast, and starting to become desperate, so we took the train to Auchenflower. From Auchenflower to Milton to Paddington to Southbank and finally to West end... Asked every single pharmacy that came into sight, every time we spot a pharmacy, hope start glowing in us with all is might, but was quickly 'put off' by these words, 'I'm sorry, but we can't take anymore students as we already hv 3 (varies from 1 to 5 )students doing their placements too....' Jerry and i were on the edge of crying....
Not only that we did not had even a single luck, the worst thing is that we walked more than 10km maybe even 20km! My ass aches deep shit now, and my ankle hurts like hell... And I'm drained dry from energy.
All i want to do is slumped into bed, but my stomach is growling like mad! Needs to be feed before i would rest =D

Oh, Jerry and I sort of broke into tears when the bus that we had been waiting for ages left us when we left that bus stop.. We tried to chase after it, but it was mission impossible.. CURSES!!! While waiting for the bus, some idiotic mosquitoes decided to drink some free cocktail off me.

Wishing and praying for hope and luck the next time i go placement hunting.

Love hugs and kisses!
-Daph-
The very desperate student pharmacist

No comments: