Thursday, April 26, 2007

Me > working!

Finished school at 2pm today and headed back to Toowong(where i leave) straight after PASS class.
Walk around the food court thinking on what to grab for lunch, and also went for a little job hunting. Attempt to look for a job failed all the time; they need people who with experienced and most of the jobs needed a resume to be handed in. And if i id had a resume, it would be practically empty; no job experience, no recommendation and all those sort of stuff.
Headed back home and decided to get lunch from the Sushi Station restaurant, which is located right across the street from my place.
Had some sushi to take away and headed to the counter to pay.
I asked the boss if there is any job vacant, and she said yes.
Before she offered me the job, she wanted to have a look at my student and working visa, and also my tax file number.
Went home grab all the visas and tax file number and went straight back and showed it to her. She offered me the job on the spot and asked me to start work on that day.
I started work at 4.30pm till 10pm today.
Exhausted, but happy and proud of myself. I earned $49.50 today :D
I get paid $9 per hour...
My first job

Well i got some very minor burnts from cooking pancakes and some rashes and itches from peeling and cutting prawns on my arms and wrists.

No comments: