Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Am i an insomniac?

Not much stuff happening lately, except for the overly gruesome uni workload.

Today is the 5th day that i woke up at 4am in the morning automatically, with only 4 hours of sleep each day is not enough to keep me alive and kicking throughout the whole day.

This morning i decided to dose myself with caffeine as it would a be a long day for me (lecture from 9-12, placement from 12.30 to 4.30). It's been quite a while since i took coffee in the morning (used to take a cup of coffee everyday last semester), and I have never experienced hyperactivity from caffeine before. First 2 hours of the lecture i felt normal, till the third hour when i started feeling a little agitated. I had a hard time concentrating and i could not sit still, my hands were sweating and shaking unconsciously. My heart started to beat faster, and it was as if it was beating outside it's cavity.

I started to feel sick, i just wanted to head home and bury myself into a deep sleep.
But i couldn't miss this placement or i would have to replace it on another day, which i do not have that extra day. I tried drinking more water to help lower down the blood concentration of caffeine, which did helped a lot (thank you chem/pharm).

I had something to fill my tummy before heading to the pharmacy to do my placement, practically had to drag myself into the pharmacy.
Throughout the whole 4 hours placement session, i could feel every single drip of energy leaking out of me like a busted gas tank; i felt like superman being affected by kryptonite.
I survived the 4 hour session, and barely hanging on, i was walking on jello.

On the bus i was pondering why is today 'weak daphne day'.
How 'd-ooh' could i be?
No duh it is 'weak daphne day', i have not been getting the sleep i need to rest my body efficiently.

Had a huge dinner today, pho, delicious! and stomach satisfying.
My bro, a friend and I decided to have a look at an asian supermarket, and see what junkfood we could purchase to gorge on =D
Walking through the aisle, all of a sudden my heart wasn't feeling well.. I could feel my beat and heart rate going wild, my veins were pumping with blood, my pulse was pulsating like mad.
It is how my body is trying to shout and grab my attention, "You bloody hell need to rest! ASAP! PRONTO!"

I should be getting some rest now, but i just finished printing out my notes and which i still have not looked through yet. I've got an assignment to do, and i have not taken my shower yet. And also i needed to post this entry before i continue killing myself silently =D

Joking joking
I'll shower after this and head to bed. Try and get a good night's rest.
If i couldn't fall asleep or if i wake up at 4am again tomorrow morning, i'll then do some of my work =D

I took some cool pictures yesterday when i went shoe shopping, i needed a new pair of running shoes. Got myself a pair of nike free 7.0, and put it on the test straight away leter that day. Loving my new nike-s =D

Better start showering now, I miss you guys!
Love hugs and kisses!
daph
~*weak daphne day*~

No comments: