Friday, June 15, 2007

tears of blood

it tore my heart beyond repair
was studying at the BSL library today and decided to get a drink from the cafe located on the first floor
got my drink and the lady behind me approached the counter and asked the cafeteria lady what could she get for $1.90
she wanted something savoury to fill her stomach, but with $1.90 she could not get anything
her voice tore my inside like a meat shredder
"it's alright, i do not have enough cash" and she left
took out all the change i had and i approached her and lay it on her palms and told her to get something to eat, she answered ' i can't accept this, I'll just go for a walk" a walk to curb her hunger
all i said, "you're welcome, get something warm to eat" and left
tears were about to fall
i regretted not buying her a meal
people eat to live but i live to eat

No comments: